12 Questions With Guy Williams
Our frickin' festival across New Zealand is very soon. In the lead up to it, we asked a few of the comedians performing some questions to get them psyched up (and anxious) about the festival. In this article, we asked comedian Guy Williams 12 questions ranging from meta and inconsequential to pretty damn interesting.
Guy Williams is a comedian and television personality (a job title that will stop existing in 2021). He was once selected by TV Guide Magazine as New Zealand's sexiest television personality. Without further ado, here's his sexy interview:
1. What’s your opinion about being interviewed?
I love it! I love sharing my dumb opinions! What do you want to ask me about? Dental hygiene? I don’t trust it! It’s a conspiracy created by dentists to prop up the lucrative floss industry.
2. What would you be doing right now if you weren’t doing this interview?
Thinking up my own questions and answering them to prepare for future interviews!
3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how annoying or excellent have these first three questions been? (including this one.)… with 10 being excellent.
What is 1? If 10 is excellent? Then 1 is so bad it makes us question the point of life itself? This is a 1.
4. A good interview with a comedian requires the questions to be unfunny in order for the comedian to then give funny responses. What are your thoughts on this premise?
We’re heading below a 1!
5. When did you decide you wanted to become a comedian?
When I was at Uni I was invited to the “Wellington Comedy Club” (a weekly gig at the San Francisco Bath House) by a female friend thinking it was a date. Turns out about eight of us were invited and we were just their to support her brother. Getting over my initial disappointment I loved the gig so much I started going every week. Eventually I decided “I can do better than this” and I’ve been trying and failing ever since.
6. If you weren’t a comedian, what would you be?
Ideally: Starting Small Forward for the Toronto Raptors. Realistically: A confident white guy at work, you’re not really sure what he does, but he’s very confident and he talks loudly.
7. When you tell people you’re a comedian, and they obnoxiously ask you to “tell them a joke” what do you say?
What’s worse is when they ask to tell you a joke. I normally say “As long as it’s not racist, homophobic, or sexist” and they normally walk away disappointed.
8. What’s your worst heckler experience?
Just drunk people you can’t understand are annoying. As long as I can hear it I can work with it but if it’s incoherent than it can be really hard to deal with.
9. You’ll be performing across NZ for Another Frickin’ Festival, would you say audiences are starkly different in different parts of the world? If so, which audiences would you say NZ audiences are most like?
I’ve only ever performed in New Zealand so I’d say: “New Zealand audiences are the best audiences in the ENTIRE WORLD! AM I RIGHT!?” Hold for audience cheers and applause.
10. What will your solo show be about at AFF?
Oh shit I forgot I was doing that! I’m doing a solo show in Queenstown! I was just doing a show down there a few months ago so I would have to say similar to that but with completely new, more current material. There’s a lot of stuff to talk about at the moment especially politcally!
11. Please sum up the people of NZ in three words:
Laid Back. Don’t even need a third.
12. Is your opinion about being interviewed still the same as what it was at the start of this interview?
To be honest I don’t think I like interviews anymore.
Comedy Central is Bringing Back the Ultimate Comedy Festival: Clusterfest
The three day festival of comedy, music, installations that is the ultimate Clusterfu-fest...
12 Questions With Guy Williams
NZ Comedian Guy Williams loves (and hates) being interviewed... here are some more thoughts from him on that very topic.
12 Questions With Rose Matafeo
Ahead of our festival in NZ, we asked Rose Matafeo some questions about comedy, comedy and comedy...
11 Questions with Guy Montgomery
Curious about the life of a comedian? Here are 11 questions we asked to get some insights ahead of our festival across NZ!
Guess Jimmy Carr’s One Liners and Win Tickets to his Live Stand Up Show!
How well do you know Jimmy Carr’s comedy? Find out and you could win a double pass to his latest show!
NZ is Getting A Summer Comedy Festival...
Hold on to your jaws… Comedy Central is presenting a comedy festival In New Zealand across four big nights.
Fans of The Big Lez Show Voted on the next Spin Off... Here are the Results!
We asked you which character should get a spin off and your answers were skitz…
Spot The Toy & Win Some Of LoveHoney's Broad City Goodies
Think you know your lipsticks from your pocket rockets? Take our challenge and you could win a whole bunch of Broad City sex toys…
The Jim Jefferies Shows Podcast Is Out!
You read right… Jim Jefferies has launched a podcast series based off his Comedy Central show The Jim Jefferies Show.
Win A Signed Skateboard From The Creators Of The Big Lez Show
Want to be the proud owner of one of these boards? Here's how...
GALLERY: Every New Sasquatch in The Big Lez Show
A tribute to some new furry friends…
There’s Now A Kiwi Sasquatch in The Big Lez Show…
He travelled across the Tasman… on his stand up paddle board.